MEET ME AT THE RIVER

 




“To succeed in life, you need three things:

a wishbone, a backbone and a funny bone.”

 

Beautiful quotes are like effective capsules… Consumed at the right time, they can make all the difference between success and failure, just as the right capsules do to make a difference between health and sickness, life and death.

The other day, someone told me, that she, regularly, reads my blog posts. But, she added, “Many times, the quotes that you share inspire me to read your posts.”

I smiled and confessed, “Many times, it’s the quotes that inspire me to write my posts, too.”

Life and living are, actually, very complex… We cannot encapsulate them in small pills. But, then, as I said, consumed at the ‘right time’, the little pills and capsules can make all the difference…

It, also, indicates, that the way we choose to live our lives makes our lives complex… or simple.

For example, for a last couple of days, I have been delightfully watching some FB reels by this little angel, by the name  Ginalyn Kurylo, and I came across this capsule:




https://www.facebook.com/reel/6260328724055904 



 

Now, how often I have come across this quote, and how often I have used it in my posts, too! But, watching this ‘badi baat’ from ‘chota muh’ (Not to belittle the little soul) – made me, literally, sit up and take notice…  I found telling myself: “Hey, Life’s complex lessons can be made so simple!”

Meanwhile, my overcritical mind keep screaming inside, “Dude, the reel life is not the real life… Does this little girl know what the three ‘bones of success’  - the wishbone, the backbone and the funny bone - are all about?”

I scream back, “She may not. But, hasn’t she made me sit up and take note of them?”






Yes, at every step, along our long journey called Life, we have a choice to make it - a complex one, or a simple one.

 

GERALD ‘CUNHA

 

Pic.: Pixel/Jessica Ticozzolli

 

Video: 1. Ginalyn Kurylo 2. Mariam Makeba

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...