WHEN YOU CHOOSE PEACE, LOOK AHEAD

 




“No one, who puts a hand to the plow and looks back,

is fit for the kingdom of God.”

Luke 9:62

 

The Kingdom of God - of the world after my death - does not appeal me… even though, many tell me, that it promises the ‘eternal peace’. Well, if I strive sincerely to seek the Kingdom of God of this world – here on earth while I am alive – yes, perhaps, the Kingdom of God of the world beyond and its promise of eternal peace make some sense…

To me, the Kingdom of God lies within me… It is very much here and now… After all, who has seen the tomorrow?

Everything has to be done by me here on this earth, now… while I am still alive, and in my senses…

If peace is important to me, it is important for me to drop all my complaints, once and for all. Once I choose peace, I cannot effort to ‘look back’ in regrets, guilt, blame and resentment… These things and peace cannot go together. Perhaps, Jesus Christ’s strong words (in Luke 9:62) are intended to send across this warning to us:

“No one, who puts a hand to the plow and looks back,

is fit for the kingdom of God.”

Once I choose peace, I have put our hand to the ‘plow’… Once that done, I just cannot afford to ‘look back’… ‘Looking back’ will simply take me on wrong directions… It will simply block my entry into the Kingdom of God -  the peace within me.





This morning, a friend of mine had this meaningful quote to share:

“Healing is what makes you strong;

forgiving is what makes you rise;

and letting go is what makes you better.”

 

I can see the correlation between these words and Jesus’…

Healing, forgiving and letting go – all of them have to happen here on this earth, while I am alive and awake… I choose them just as the farmer choosing to put his hand to his plow… And just as this farmer choosing to look forward in all his earnestness, I, too, have to look forward in all my earnestness…

Only then, I will be fit for the Kingdom of God of this world, and, the world beyond...




 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic.: 1. Roman Otintsov/Pixels 2. Alex Azabache

 

Video: Radhanath Swami 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...