MANY MORE MOONS TO COME

 




“Your fate has not been written

until you pick up a pen.”

Dean Bokhari

 

One thing is very clear to me, and at 66. That, problems in Life - call them challenges – never end… Ever. Like many, I, too, wanted – and prayed hard for – my problems to end…

Somewhere along these 66 years, it hit me like a bolt from the blue, that such a happy ending was confined to only fairytales… None of us, here on earth, are going to see a day when all our problems will cease to exist and we will go on to live for ever and ever happily… None.

“Jab tak Jeevan hai, tab tak sangharsh hai.” Harivansh Rai Bachchan had drilled this plain truth into his illustrious son’s head.

Paulo Coelho said, “Everything will be okay in the end; if it isn’t okay, it isn’t the end.”

Read that again… Are we waiting for the time when everything is going to be okay? Because everything is still not okay in our lives – because problems still continue to surface – yes, it’s not the end, yet.

That’s something so reassuring about Life… Challenges in Life don’t cease… Some go, some come; Some go, some come. But, Life will have them… And, the reason is to make Life worth living. To put it spiritually: God wants us to be grateful in our good times; and graceful in our bad times. Yes, they make the two sides of this coin called – Life – complete. Without them, the coin is worthless.





“You don’t understand my problems.” Either we keep saying this, or we keep hearing. Okay, I understand your problems. Then, what do you expect from me? Solve them for you?

“I understand my own problems.” Well, others have to understand their own… That much is enough. The rest is either an excuse, blame or self-pity…

My late father-in-law, who hadn’t read inspirational books as I had, or written such stuff as I had, often, used to console us (whenever he would sense some of us grumble about our problems)… “Don’t worry, there is lot more to come!”

Reflecting on these words, I smile, saying: “Those, who have seen many more Moons than I have, know, that with every passing Moon comes the wisdom -  if my problems aren’t over, Living, too, hasn’t.”




I have to be around to see many more Moons, you see…

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic’s:

Video:

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...