I JUST WANT TO SAY...

Last evening, Girish called me up and said, "Sir, tomorrow is 31st December. I want you to post something to motivate us."

Something to motivate others? Girish thinks my posts can motivate not only him but also others. Well, it feels good when I think about it. Someone looks up to me... Someone waits for my posts on the blog... The thought does boost my confidence; does motivate me to keep up to their expectations.

I want to write about this very issue: How does our confidence go up?

This morning, I taught Jinal, a new student for an hour. She was joining my class when others have almost done with their portion. I was apprehensive and had expressed my concern to her yesterday. Still, I took a chance and had called her today for a session. She was picking things fast and I felt a lot relieved and glad. While she was leaving, I sincerely complimented her. "Jinal," I said, "You pick things fast. I am very happy."

I saw Jinal's face all lit up on my comment. She left my place feeling like a winner! And what about me?

What most of us do not realise is that the whole humanity, out there, is dying to be appreciated, complimented... stroked. It costs us nothing; still most of us are stingy... We do not compliment enough, do not express, sincerely, our appreciation. It is because, we have never realised the fact that, when we appreciate and compliment others, first and foremost, it helps us. It enhances our self-esteem, make us pro-active individuals... It helps to implement in our lives the Law of Abundance: "What we give, we receive back in many fold." There is also that famous Law of Attraction: "What we sow, we reap... What we focus on, in life, expands."

When I complimented Jinal, I did it with no strings attached. I did it straight from my heart. That's why, I could not only feel the joy on her face, I could feel it on my own, as well. This is one of the simplest ways in which we can bring about empowerment... Yes, in others and in ourselves.

I want to tell Girish and all my readers, today - on the eve of the New Year: "Do not look for 'big ways' of making difference in this world; look for 'small ways', 'simple ways'". I want to tell all of them, "Give enough appreciation, enough compliments - the genuine ones... and give it without any expectations. I am absolutely sure, it will make your lives a lot richer, a lot happier."

Finally, I wish to tell everyone, that no matter how bleak things appear now, please do not lose faith in goodness of humanity, goodness of God, goodness of even our, so-called, 'enemies." May our cynicism burn into ashes along with the traditional 'old man'... May hope reign... May love reign... May good intentions be our eternal guiding lights.

A very Happy New Year to you Girish and all my friends, my readers.


GERALD D'CUNHA

Comments

Girish Dhameja said…
Thanks for posting this article. Seeing my name in your Blog Articles is great honour. Well this article on 31st Dec 2009 is my new year gift and shall always be there with me.

Your articles not only motivate us but strongly stirs our thought process .

Two words of appreciation and it creates magic. Man’s greatest need is the need of appreciation. Appreciation creates Miracle, for instance an Actor “Mahmoud” from the good Olden days appreciated and Complimented a person(Who has started his career) on his dance which was not at all good while shooting in the Movie “BOMBAY TO GOA” and with his words of appreciation we have world renown Super Star “Mr Amitabh Bachan”. An simple example is, there are times when I compliment a taxi / rickshaw driver and when I see the twitch on there face, there smile, I feel myself motivated and more charged up.


Thanks for your advise and shall follow the same.

With the lesson learnt in this article I Thank you from my heart for being such a wonderful teacher and I wish you a Very Happy and Sparkling New Year.
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Hey Girish, sorry I couldn't get bk to u earlier. I did not know, you have this ability to express so well in writing. How about starting a blog?

I am serious!

Well, your example of Mr. Bachchan, indeed, is a monumental testimony in support of the point I was trying to make. Positive strokes are the nourishment to our self-esteem.

I am happy the post carrried across this messaage.

Regards,

GERRY
Girish Dhameja said…
Thanks for your reply on our comment. As far as writing is concerned i have to learn and imporve a lot and that is possible by you writting more in blog and i would be commenting on it.

I will definately write.... x
Anonymous said…
Great stuff but too old.
Anonymous said…
MY FRIEND JOHN SUGGESTED ME TO STREAM ON KODI. THOUGH IT WAS A NEW SOFTWARE FOR ME I JUST TOOK THE HELP OF KODI GUIDE AND I READ ARTICLES OVER THERE. NOW I AM A PRO-KODI USER.
Thank you so much for sharing this blog! keep it up... This article will tell you the best way to Jailbreak Firestick.

By doing this, you will approach a huge number of free motion pictures, TV shows, sports, live channels, and that's only the tip of the iceberg.

A similar interaction will likewise work for the Fire TV, Fire TV Cube, and TVs running the Fire TV OS.
James said…
It really does not matter what you stream on Kodi, use of the best VPN for Kodi is always a must to protect your privacy.

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...