WITHOUT ME...







For ten days,
I took a break from my routine work –
My teaching work, my Society work,
My house-hold chores and even this Blogging.
I went on a holiday to my hometown – Mangalore…
 And, I just returned last morning.


And, let me tell you this:
The world did not end
Just because I was not around here!
The Sun did rise, on each of these days,
Right on time, in the same-old East…
 And it did set, right on time,
In the same-old west!
The Moon and the Stars
Were faithful to their duties…
The birds and the beasts
Went about their daily routines…
It rained in some places
And snowed in some other…
The seas were rough somewhere…
 And they slept like a baby elsewhere.


Yes, my wife and son…
And some dear ones…
Might have missed me.
And, they did say that to me, every day,
When I was away from them.
But, their lives went about smoothly
Without me,
Even though they kept telling me
I was important to them.
The work place was perfectly fine…
There were others to manage it well
In my absence…
The house was very much in order…
The Society’s affairs
 Were well under control…
And, nobody’s heart stopped
Just because I abstained from blogging
For ten or twelve days!


Hey, World will go on – perfectly well – without me!



GERALD D'CUNHA


THANKS:
The image used in this Post is by Ashok Ahuja. He is a professional Photographer and a very dear friend of mine. He is also one of the founder members of The Dawn Club, and, along with his gifted-artist wife, Sudha, has been helping me, and the Club, right from its inception.
 

Comments

LAVINA said…
Beautiful!!!

Thank you, Gerry.

-- LAVINA
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thank u Lavina. Happy that u liked it.

Do read all my posts.

Love,

GERRY
Kumar said…
Of course Gerry!
The world will go On. But the difference is, your thoughts make an impact in others life even in your absence..


N.Kumar
Gerald D'Cunha said…
That is so sweet of you to say that, Kumar.

Thanks,

Love,

GERRY

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...