WHY DID I LOVE PICNICS?















The night before our school-picnics, I did not sleep! Because, I could not!


Yes, the excitement would not allow me to!



Why was I so excited?


Because, I loved picnics, the fun… the joy of being there in the thick of the action.


And, why did I love picnics?


Because, I loved the fun… Picnics made me happy.


And, yes I wanted to go for the picnics even when my parents did not want me to!



Tuesday was the first day of our Personal-Growth progamme. As usual, the young ones had come with different reasons, and with different expectations. Some had come, because, their parents wanted them to… Some had come, because, their friends did… and there were some, who came, because, they wanted to!


Yash has just given his ICSE Board-exam. His parents, both Chartered Accountants, were my students some twenty-three years ago… and, I am proud of that! On Tuesday, while introducing himself, Yash had to share with us: “Why have I joined this course?”


Komal, Yash’s mom, had spoken to me about Yash and wanted him to do the programme. So, on his first day, when Yash made a statement, all unwittingly, I had another thought to share with our young participants. 


“Friends, I have joined this course with my own ‘free-will’,” Yash declared very confidently. 


I immediately began to applause and others in the class joined me.


“What we do in our life, with our own free-will, has a different beauty,” I clarified to the young ones after Yash’s presentation. I added, “We give our best to those things where we put all our hearts. Yash will give his best to this course, because, his heart is there in what he has chosen… and, he has chosen it on his own!”


A few speakers later, it was Anuj’s turn to share. “When I had come to enroll, I did not even ask my parents,” he startled us. Obviously, his parents had funded it.


Anuj comes from a well-off family. He has just given his twelfth-standard Board-exam. Till tenth standard, he had studied in one of the finest Boarding schools. His Parents want the best things for him… including this course.

Yet, here was Anuj, last morning, telling all of us that, when he had enrolled in our course, his parents were not even aware!


Yes, he too had wanted it… and, so, he had joined with his own free-will… with his both eyes open. And, heart, too!


And, yes, when Anuj made that remark, I, once again, applauded as others joined.






“That is what we mean by being ‘Proactive’, 


my young friends,” 


I declared to the class. 


“If it is my life, it is my business.”




I told the young ones that I was fully confident, that Anuj and Yash – like some others who had joined the course out of their own free-will – would come out in flying colors.













When we act with our own free-will, and when we put all our hearts in what we do, the Universe conspires to support you… and, the angels come down to cheer us along! Long time ago, someone had said that to me, and I had liked it immensely. On Tuesday, I said the same thing to my own students. Yes, I did tell them, “My dear young friends, believe me, in your Success, Gods will  be your partners… and, angels will be your cheer-leaders.”


No one, ever - who has poured all his heart in any venture - has failed. Never, ever!




The night before our school picnics, I did not sleep! Because, I could not!


The excitement would not allow me to…


I went for every picnic with my own free-will… and I wanted to go for it even when my parents did not want me to!


Wish, in my life, I could go for many, many more!




GERALD D’CUNHA

Pics.: Vinod Korgaonkar




Comments

Raveesh said…
Liked the simple way in which you have conveyed the importance of making our own choices. Thanks.

-- Raveesh
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Raveesh

Love,

GERRY
Anonymous said…
Thank u for the lovely post.

... Yash
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thank u Yash,

Love,

GERRY
Komal said…
One has to just believe in 'Yes we can' and then as you rightly said Gods will be the partners and angels will be cheerleaders in all the tasks one takes up. I am sure with all your guidance and support your students will excel
All the best.
Komal
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Komal... It means a lot.

Love,

GERRY

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...