THERE IS A WAY STILL LEFT UN-TRODDEN IN THE WOODS


















One of the realities around me is: There are millions of people - out there - who do the same work which I do.  That means, I don’t do anything special… My work, for example, is teaching or training or counseling or even writing. And, I see millions, out there, doing it… And, that’s how it is for every other work that is being performed, every other trade or profession that is being engaged in, every other service that is provided for – there outside…

Yes, nothing special about it… nothing unusual or extra-ordinary…

Everyone is like me… He does it for the same reason as I do my work: for earning, for security, for feeling happy and fulfilled…

Millions of teachers, trainers, counselors, writers… out there

Million of doctors, architects, engineers, scientists and researchers…

Millions of Chartered Accountants, Psychologists and Psychotherapists…

Millions of professional players, athletes, coaches and events-managers…

Millions of actors, singers, producers, directors, make-up people and spot-boys…

Millions of traders, manufacturers, godown-keepers, transporters, and insurers… out there…

Millions of property developers, estate agents, stock brokers and even courier people…

Name them, and you have them - out there… yes, in millions, in billions!

So, there is nothing in this world that is ‘specially ear-marked’ for me by destiny… What I have before me is what is there for everyone around me…

So that’s one of the realities I am supposed recognize, early in life.



Along with this reality, there is one more reality. And, the early I learn to recognize it, the better my life be…

The reality is: I have within me the unique gift of doing the same ‘ordinary’ work in an ‘extra-ordinary’ way… in a ‘special’ way… Yes, ‘my’ way!

And, that, certainly, is not a statement of arrogance…

It is a statement of truth: I am blessed to do the same work in my own way, the special way…

As, each morning,  my work comes and stands before me, one side of my heart keeps grumbling about the ‘sameness’ of my work -  branding it as the routine stuff, the repetitive work, the drudgery, the rat-race, the herd-mentality and so on…

While the other side of my heart reminds me that it is not so… That, there ‘is’ a special way to see my work, to carry it out… and, that is ‘my way’… Yes, my special way… My blessed way, dear… My very own way of loving, living, working and reaching out…

Shiv Khera echoed, famously, this reality when he said:

“Successful people don’t do different things; they do things in different ways!”



Yes dear, there is so much, out there in this world… still left undiscovered…




There is so much in Life… just left untapped… 

yes, just left untouched…


There is a way still left un-trodden in the woods,

 yes, as the Poet says… 




The way waiting for me, out there, to walk by… and make ‘all the difference’!



GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Vivek D'Cunha






Comments

Munish Nair said…
Well-explained, inspiring. Munish
Anonymous said…
Rightly pointed, we can be special by our special touch.
............ Nishta
Ravi Grover said…
Yes sir, we have within us that special something; else, living really would seem monotonous! Great post. thanks --- Ravi

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...