A FRIEND, IN DEED...




There is a friend of mine. He has a bad-old habit: he doesn't respond to phone calls or messages of his friends. Very, very rarely, he takes their calls or replies to their messages… Otherwise, they have to assume, he won’t.

And, the strange thing is that: whenever this ‘friend’ calls you, he goes on and on and on… You feel very nice to talk to him… You never feel like shaking him hard and asking: “You idiot… Why don’t you take my calls? Why don’t you respond to my messages?”

No, you don’t feel that urge in you to scream at him…

For, I know ‘his ways’ of being a close friend without having to accept my calls or respond to my messages…

Yes, because I know him, and because I understand him, I don’t judge his behavior… Yes, I accept him for what he is and how he is…

Let me tell you, that’s something so beautiful about friendship in Life…

And, why friendship? That’s so beautiful about every other relationship in Life!



If my friends had to judge me from their own 

parameters, I don’t think they would have accepted

 me as their friend…


There are some amazing common grounds, upon which the edifice of our friendship stands… What is great in our friends, we ‘choose’ to honor and celebrate… What is ‘irritating’, yes, we ‘choose’ to ignore – ignore ‘consciously!


We need friends in Life… always, at all stages of our lives.

Whether our friends are our childhood buddies or whether bonded just last week, whether they are our 4 am friends or FB ones… and, yes, yes, whether they are our fair-weather friends… it always helps, if we recognize the common grounds to stand together… and appreciate, honor and celebrate each other’s goodness…

Which, we call ‘Friendship’…

A Happy Friendship day to all my friends. All!


GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Gloria Pinto



Comments

Simran Gawde said…
Happy friendship day Gerry. lovely post. Simran
Anonymous said…
We choose to ignore the flaws, and that's beautiful about f.ship.
-- Guneet
Haresh Navani said…
The more v ignore the flaws in others, the greater is the place for friends.... ---- Haresh

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...