PICK A FEW GOOD MEN AND WOMEN















Pic.: Malabika Ganguly





“When was ever honey made with one bee in a hive?”

Thomas Hood

A few good men.

Well, I am not referring to the Hollywood thriller, here. I am referring to the power that can be harnessed if we surround ourselves with a few good men ( and women).

Yes, just a few, who are very, very good in their respective fields…

Whenever I think of achieving something on my own, with my individual capability, it can take me only so far… My limitations become the limitations of my goal and drive; my fears, invariably, hold me back after a certain point…

Now, if I team-up with a few experts and work in harmony to achieve our common vision, the power harnessed through this alliance can be stupendous…

So, always, the leadership mantra is this: Pick some good men (and women) who can help you forge a formidable team… Inspire them with your vision; make them feel that it is their own vision, their own success… Make them see a great future for themselves in working together… Make them see the long-term momentary and psychological rewards in working with you...

Business, Politics, Governance, Defense, Education, Sports, Music, Films, Religion, whatever and wherever, it is only the great team-work that pays-off… Leaders need good hands – good lieutenants - to make it happen. Thus, if the leader is unable to inspire a few good men and women around him with his vision, it is not going to take him or his vision very far…

The big dreams are never achieved with individual strength… They are achieved, always, by the dreamer surrounded by a few good men and women…Just imagine the magnitude of power, strength and drive when the team pursues the same goal!

True, when was ever  honey made with one bee in a hive?


GERALD D’CUNHA


Comments

Disha Jumani said…
Agree with the point u made - Disha

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...