THAT CLEAN SPACE WITHIN US





Pic.: Chetna Shetty

Over last few days, I have used this expression – ‘it comes from a clean space’ – many times and  at different places…

Then, I suddenly paused to ask myself: “What is this clean space in us all about?” How am I supposed to know that an act or statement comes from a clean space within me?

Giving, loving, caring, helping, mentoring, serving, teaching, working and everything else come from a source… When I care for someone, for example… or when I say something about someone… yes, I can sense inside me as to how I feel about my act of caring or the words I am saying… When I compliment or thank someone, I can sense how I feel it… When I mentor or help someone, I can sense how I feel inside…

If it comes from a clean space, I invariably feel good about myself… There is no premeditation, no expectation from other person… I act with no strings attached… I love and care, for that’s what my heart says I should do… I compliment and thank because, that’s what my heart says I should do… I help and mentor because, that’s what my heart says I should do…

I do not do those things just because the other person has done a favor to me or I expect something in return…

When my act or words make me feel happy about myself…

When they make me feel peaceful

When I feel no regret or disappointment…

When I do not judge…

When I do not analyze…

When I do not manipulate…

Yes, those are the indications that my reaching out act or words have come from a clean space within me…

Right here, as I type this post, I can sense this feeling… I can trace the source from which my act of writing and sharing come from… I can sense how authentic and empowered it makes me feel… how fearless… how abundant!

When our acts and words come from a polluted – unclean – space, we can sense how insecure and threatened we feel…

That clean space with us is the fountainhead of all goodness!

GERALD D’CUNHA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...