THAT WHICH IS EMPTY CAN RECEIVE











Pic.: Suyog Surte


Abundance is a process of letting go…
that which is empty can receive.” 
- Bryant H. McGill
A week ago, I had some very important and urgent work with a person. So, I tried calling that person and all my calls were met with the same response: “Switched off’ or ‘Out-of-coverage area’. I found no replies to my messages, too…

Initially, I was irritated and annoyed… even anxious as the matter was important and urgent. The state of mind continued to be so – tensed and restless – for quite some time…

And, finally, I let go…

The solution emerged on its own and from an unexpected corner. What once seemed like ‘important and urgent’ – a do-or-die situation – now did not seem so. It was a ‘life-situation’… It wasn’t life itself. Its weight was so heavy because I kept holding it in my mind for so long!

The moment I dropped it – let go its importance and urgency – it became an experience as light as a feather…The way opened before me… The solution emerged… The peace returned… And a thousand-watt smile in my heart, too…

And behold! A message, too, arrived from the person, who had irritated and annoyed me - robbed my peace of mind holding me captive for so long:
“I am in a detox mode! No TV, Cable, Laptop. Only Cell, that, too, when there is ‘signal’…”

From one-thousand watts, the smile in my heart jumped up to ten-thousand, with the speed of a lightening!

GERALD D’CUNHA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...