EVERY MOMENT IS A NEW SEASON









I love the movie ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’ for more than a dozen reasons. One of them is its title itself: ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’. Next: Its inherent theme - the unique fear each of the three friends had to face and overcome in order to embrace life in its fullness. And, here is one more: Javed Akthar’s sublime poetry. I have written about all this before in some of my blogs… and, today, if I am, once again, talking about it, there is a reason for it.

Pooja, my friend, had called me this morning just to thank me for sharing her article yesterday in my blog. Being a Chartered Accountant and MBA (Finance), Pooja’s field of expertise is hardcore finance. She has published a book and many articles on her subject. But, the article she had written yesterday on the occasion of ‘Women’s Day’ had nothing to do with her area of expertise...  It was about her emotional experience that had inspired her to make peace with her own hidden pain and sorrow over her father’s death when she was barely 2. Pooja’s story was about her decision to add her late father’s name in the middle of her own… just to draw strength from his love and presence!

“Sir, my mom was reading my article again and again last night,” Pooja told me, “She says, she did not know I could write on subjects like this.”

For the next fifteen minutes, Pooja and I talked about the process of writing… the source of our inspiration ... the unique style we adopt… the simplicity and beauty of our words and language we use … the emotional appeal that we leave… and, above all, how we can find a new subject every new day!

“Every day I keep telling the Universe, ‘I am available’… Use me as a medium to tell a story,” I told Pooja, “And, because I am ‘available’… the Universe provides with with a fresh story… I just capture its beauty as it is.”  I have urged Pooja to be available to the Universe… and write the authentic, simple stories about life. I am sure, she will do that…   

So, as I ended my conversation with Pooja, the subtle poetry from the ZNMD flashed before me…

Yeh jo gehre sannate hain
Waqt ne sabko hi baante hain
Thoda ghum hai sabka qissa
Thodi dhoop hai sabka hissa
Aankh teri bekaar hi nam hai
Har pal ek naya mausam hai
Kyun tu aise pal khota hai
Dil aakhir tu kyun rota hai

Translated: (copyright Indicine.com)
This deep silence…the world has distributed it to everyone,
Some sadness is a part of everyone’s life,
Some sunshine is a part of everyone’s life,
Your eyes are wet without any reason,
Every moment  is a new season,
Why do you let go of such priceless moments?
Oh Heart, why do you cry?






Every moment is a new season! How profound!

This vastness called Life is so reassuring for all of us… that, no matter what, every moment, every soul on this earth has a new offering in hands… a new season, a new story and a new meaning…

It is called abundance! And you receive it only when you stretch your hands with all your childlike awe…

Be available when the story unfolds… when the season comes!

What would I write on, today? What would be the new story… I was just awake, available…

And, it was to be through a refreshing picture shared by my friend, Azriel who lives in Auckland (New Zealand). Azriel loves to click and share random pictures. ‘OSCAR’ was the title of his click today…

“I am going to kidnap him, today,” I instantly commented.

“I am going to hide him,” Azriel replied.

The Blog is complete, Pooja… Remember, “Har pal ek naya mausam hai.”… Yes, every moment is a new season!.

GERALD D’CUNHA


Pic.: Azriel D'Souza
Video: YouTube


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...