THE 'WOMEN'S DAY' IS NOT THE ISSUE WITH WOMEN, YOU SEE













“Men are motivated when they feel needed
while women are motivated when they feel cherished.”
― John GrayMen Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus


 “What is the date tomorrow?” asked my wife, late last night.
I knew, I was in the ‘witness-box’!
‘8th March,” I answered most sincerely.
“Yes, but, what is special about tomorrow?” the question was sharp and loud.
“It is not tomorrow, darling,” I tried to correct her, “It is on 9th March.”
“I am not talking about 9th March,”  the response was even blunter this time, “I am asking ‘What is ‘special’ tomorrow
Achcha, Women’s Day’!” I jumped thinking that I could get off the hook… But, you know how it is...
9th March is our ‘Engagement Day’… But, before that comes ‘Women’s Day’…
The moral of the story is: Respect and cherish the woman first… Then think of getting engaged to her.

No matter who it is – whether it is Gerry ‘D’Cunha or Barak Obama and whether it is Mahatma Gandhi or Amitabh Bachchan – yes all men and their spouses should remember the bare truth,  that men and women are wired differently… Yes, as made colourful by John Gray in his cult classic: ‘MEN ARE FROM MARS AND WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS’.

True, they are!
So, today is the ‘International Women’s Day’…
One early morning, my friend Jaypee had sent me on WhatsApp this stress-buster:

When I reached office, I got a call from my wife, “What is the date today?"  
I was wondering… then, told her, 15th October
Call disconnected... I was wondering (rather FRIGHTENED!)
Her birthday?
No ...
Mine?
No...
Anniversary?
No ...
Son's birthday?
No…
In-laws' b’day/anniversary?
No…
Gas booking?
Done…
Utility payments?
Done…
Her uncle - who arrives when we want to go out, sqat and kill us and our time… his birthday?
No…
Then? Why date???
Lunch and evening tea went with spinning questions... Reached home... Junior was playing in car park... Asked him, “How is the weather in kitchen? Tornado... Tsunami???”
Boy told, “All normal. Why?"
“Your mom asked me, in the morning, ‘What is the date today?’”
Boy smiled and told me, "I tore some sheets from the calendar in the morning... She was confused."
Being husband is a tough job!
Dedicated to all husbands in the world! Pass to all the married guys and make them stress free for a minute!


Jokes apart, I feel humbled by many simple revelations made by John Gray in his remarkable book, “Men need to remember that women talk about problems to get close and not necessarily to get solutions.” 

The ‘Women’s Day’ is not the issue with women, you see… Whether we ‘cherish’ them or not is!

GERALD D’CUNHA
Pic.: Internet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...