THE JOY HAMPERS














What comes straight from my heart, that’s my greatest gift!

During this Diwali season, like most around me, I, too, have either received several gifts – from sweets-boxes to exotic hampers – Or, I have given to others some (Just some ordinary ones though!). But, when I look back at all these, I feel amazed, that the finest gifts have, always, been the ones that have come straight from the hearts… with no frills or glamour around them!

The thought behind the gifts, definitely, is what makes the gift special!

A friend of mine has invited me for a lunch, this noon. He invites me every year during the Diwali season… Something homely with no frills around them…. Just for our friendship sake… and I love that. He doesn’t expect me to turn up with anything. Still, I do not prefer to go with empty hands. So, this morning, as I was picking something simple for my friend’s family at a nearby store, I bumped into another friend of mine there. While leaving, he quietly put a nicely-wrapped sweet – a single piece – into my hand and said, “Something simple for you.”

Oh, I loved that!

One solitary piece of sweet, straight from the heart… with no burden of “What to give?”

Then, this friend of mine asked me, “Why no blogs these days? Missing them.”

I smiled and said, “My heart has to prompt me to write… The breaks are good.”

Just like the thought of giving gifts to others can become a strain, the thought of writing my blog, too, can.

Why are we giving gifts? Is it because we yearn to maintain our ‘good image’?

And, why am I writing my blogs? Is it for the same reason?

Honestly, I ask this, today, to myself: “Why am I writing?”

What comes straight from our hearts, I really feel, is our priceless gift!

That’s why, of all the posts and videos I keep getting to watch on the internet, my favourites ones are those of little children (particularly babies), pets like dogs, cats, and chicken… Those are spontaneous, straight from the heart… and, to me, that’s happiness… that’s joy.





Can anything in this world – including the most expensive gift-hampers – replace this?



Hope, you had a glimpse into such joyous moments, this Diwali season.



GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Pinterest.com

Video: WL OS ABC 13


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...