LIFE IS JHAKAAS

 


“If wishes were horses, even beggars would ride them.”

Old Proverb


I am a firm believer in the power of positive affirmations.

Years ago, when I had no hint about even the ‘A’ in this word ‘Affirmations’ – and had no hint about how to go about achieving what my heart desired – I was introduced to this concept by Napoleon Hill in his inspiring book, ‘Think and Grow Rich’. But, with one difference: He called it ‘Auto-suggestions’…

Mind is a fertile field… We reap what we sow in it!

Two days ago, when I had blogged on this theme, it seemed to have resonated with many. Paulo Coelho – in his beautiful fable ‘The Alchemist’ - had coulorfully described this phenomenon, with this line:

 “When you want something, all the Universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”

Well, Paulo Coelho, certainly, did not invent this theory… Life, already had it in the air…

Every Yoga practitioner breathes in and breathes out affirmations… “I feel connected”… “My mind is relaxed and clear”… “Inhale joy, exhale love”… “I am love”… “Everything I need is already within me.”… You may have come across a version of your own from your Yoga teacher…

The fact is simple: You can’t sow negative seeds into your mind and expect to reap a bountiful harvest… You need to sow positive, energizing and empowering seeds… Therefore, let’s accept, this: Positive affirmations are seeds for a bountiful harvest!

But, like Rancho’s friend, Raju, reacts to Rancho’s crazy theory (Rather, his village Chowkidar’s) of ‘All izz well’, I, too, sometimes, react to some of my laid-back students, who think, that by repeating ‘All izz well’, their life does become 'Fantastic', ‘Awesome’…

Like this 17-year-old replied to me, this morning, when I asked him, “How are your college lectures going on?”…

“Jhakaas’!!!

“And, Dude, when did you attend (Read ‘join’ or ‘connect’ online) the last one?”

“HaHaHa!!!!”

If wishes were horses, even beggars would ride them…

Rancho did not just wish; he dreamt… He slogged very, very hard and smart!




The Universe does conspire in our favour, only when we dream with our eyes open… not closed! Perhaps, only then, we have the right to say, when asked, “How’s Life?”…

“Jhakaas”

Fantastic… Awesome… Cool… Sexy... Whatever!

 

GERALD D/CUNHA 

 

Pic.: FILMI BEAT

 

Video: Ultra Bollywood

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...