WHEN SUNRISE TAKES PLACE

 



“You never have to change anything

you got up in the middle of the night to write.”

Saul Bellow

 

Last morning, my very trusted friend, and a fellow-trainer, Dr. Deepak, had shared a beautiful poem titled ‘The Will of Amrita Pritam’. It was so beautiful, that it had inspired me to write my yesterday’s Blog – ‘The Language of the Heart’.

This morning, my trusted friend sounded a bit concerned… He shared another post which claimed, that the poem attributed to the revered poet from Punjab was a ‘FAKE’ one!

Now, what would I do?

I wrote this reply to my friend:

“As desired in the Will (Kisi ka bhi ho), our ‘Lies, Greed, Envy, Selfishness… all have gone into the funeral pyre. Let’s not lose our sleep over it, dear Deepak. I wrote that piece from my heart. There ends the story. Thanks for the sincere concern. Love.”



Jesus Christ did not write the Gospels... Mathew, Mark, Luke and John did. These four men are telling us Jesus’ life story using His own words. Now, the Faithful, like my friend and I, simply trust. The Intellectuals and Scholars – many of them – simply laugh it off as a cock-and-bull story! They ask: “How can four men write the same story, exactly so, after many decades from the Protagonist’s death? Were notes taken? Were there Dictaphones? Come on!”

So, who wrote the Bible – the Devil? Or, are we supposed to trust what is taught to us from our birth – God inspired the Gospel writers?

There are countless examples like the one above… So many of them, which we simply trust… Like, we simply don’t ask our fathers to prove their paternity!

Sounds crude, right?

Another regular reader of my Blogs, sent to me this message, early this morning:

“I do not know where  you draw your inspiration from; but, your thoughts are so profound and though-provoking…Yes, we are all part of something bigger, like the little waves. Have a blessed day.”

Now, what would I say to this well-wisher of mine? I wrote this reply:

“Ma’am, about the source of my inspiration… Well, anything and everything! Your casual and private comment in my ear has already inspired me to write my today’s Blog…. In a while, I shall  finish writing it. Maybe, it happens, because one is awake when sunrise takes place. Incidentally, that casual phrase I have just tossed  - ‘When Sunrise Takes Place’ – will be the title of my unborn Blog. Lots of love.”



Did Amrita Pritam actually write ‘The Will of Amrita Pritam’?

Is the Gospel the true story of Jesus?

Let the Intellectuals and Scholars scratch their heads over these questions… You and I need not lose our sleep over them.

Hope, you won’t nail me on the cross, for saying this.

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic's: pixabay

 

Video: Annie Moses Band


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...