WHEN TALENT MEETS PASSION

 



"Your passion is waiting for your courage to catch up.”

Isabelle Lafleche

 

Talent and passion are a deadly combination. While God has placed in us one talent or the other, I believe, that He has left it for us to, both, discover our talents and pursue them with sufficient passion…

Passion is personal… God wants us to find our own.

Exactly a year ago, in last February, Aadi and Tanmay, who were in eighth standard in the same school, were brought to me by their very involved mothers. They wanted to enroll their kids for our Summer programme on Personality Development. As the programme was to take off post Mid-April, the mothers insisted, that I should keep them engaged in some helpful activity. Apart from his studies, Aadi was already busy with cricket coaching.  Tanmay, though didn’t have a major interest, was a very enthusiastic and well-cultured kid. I instantly fell in love with both of them, and went about helping them in my own way…

Lessons of the heart are no rocket science, you see. And, to connect with young hearts, you do not need a magic wand in your hand… A caring hand suffices!

Though I have spent decades conducting programmes on Personality Development for young kids. I myself haven’t attended any such programmes, ever. I believe, that developing a kid’s personality is not a ‘task’, either to be started or completed inside a classroom. Instead, it’s a long, continuous process that spans over a lifetime… From the cradle to the grave! So, though I am into it, I tell everyone this: “All that you can hope to get in this room is a ‘spark’.”

Quite often, even that doesn’t happen!





Gautama became the Buddha in a flash… But, years of ‘wandering in the wilderness’ was necessary. You see, some understand this phenomenon… and, some don’t!  

As I said at the outset, talent and passion are a deadly combination. If Young ones get this point early, I think, that takes care of the rest… They will learn to hone their talents into fine skills… They will have the required discipline, determination, perseverance and hardworking capacity… And, all of these traits will have to come from their passion…

On the very first day, there were parents alongside Aadi and Tanmay. I showed them these two videos:




 


 

Sir Tom Jones, at 80, still sings and performs with the same passion. More than six decades have passed by, but the genuine talent and passion have endured…

The Personality is still a work-in-progress…

Was I trying to tell this to our two little-kids and their parents?

 

Hope, I was…

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic’s: pixabay

 

Videos: 1. The Ed Sullivan Show 2. Joffre Maestraccl

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...