WHAT WE SAY, STAYS



                                                            “Your thoughts are the architects of your destiny.” 

                David O McKay 
    
 “Thoughts are things.” This is mentioned in the very first chapter of Napoleon Hill’s famous book, ‘Think and Grow Rich.” I came across this book in my early twenties and grasped the message clearly: Everything that we create, we first create in our thoughts, then outside, as a physical reality. That’s why our attitude – the thought process – matters. For positive results, we need to think positively... As simple as that. 

I met this man, today. He seemed to be in his mid-fifties. During the course of our discussion, I learnt, that he had lost his job at the outbreak of the Pandemic. Money was needed badly to run his house. Everything was under lockdown. But, everyone had a need to eat… There was need for basic necessities such as groceries, vegetables, bread, milk and eggs. Recognizing this reality, he started keeping these things at his house, in the chawl he lived in… and, let people know about it. Now, after nearly ten months, it has become his regular livelihood. 

 “You did much better than many of us did during the Pandemic,” I said lightheartedly, “Some of us have gone ‘kangal’ (Broke).” 

“Never say that,” the man said seriously, “What we say, stays and becomes a reality.” 

I immediately sensed, that I had stirred a hornet’s nest, but a pleasant one. 

The man went on… “Do we know the value of what God has given us – our hands and legs, our eyes and ears, our hearts and brains, our livers and kidneys, the blood in our vessels? So, how can we say we have gone ‘kangal’?” 

I did not know, that a comment I had made in jest, would open the floodgates of wisdom. I swallowed my pride and let it sink in well… “There is a time to teach, and there is time to learn,” I reminded myself with the Biblical counsel. 





What we casually toss in the air, stays… becomes a reality. The more and more we toss negative thoughts in the universe, the more and more negative outcomes we tend to attract. On the other hand, the more and more positive thoughts we toss in the universe, the more and more positive outcomes we tend to attract… This is the age-old Law of Attraction… 

 “A man can only rise, conquer and achieve by lifting up his thoughts,” said James Allan… 

I hadn’t met James Allan by the street, today… I had met an ordinary soul to impart the same lesson…






 GERALD D’CUNHA 

 Pic's.: pixabay

 Video: Far West Local Health District


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...