WEIGHT OF OUR WORRIES

 



“Ninety percent of people who lose weight,

gain it back. It’s very sad!”

Richard Simmons

 

This Post is not on ‘How to Lose Weight’. I am still reading many, many Posts on this subject, and, still wondering how to dissolve some of my belly fat…

Eat sensibly. Exercise moderately. Walk regularly. And, above all, be cheerful…

The last bit should be placed first… I seriously think so.

Cheerfulness is an antidote to anxiety and worry.

Anxiety and worry add their own weight. They make the mind tensed…  So, in a tensed state of mind, we cannot expect to develop a light-weight body. Therefore, every crash diet, or aggressive exercise regimen, without accompanied by a cheerful state of mind, are only going to bring back our lost weight…



A couple of days ago, I met this 44-year-old gentleman. He had put on quiet a load around his belly. “What is this?” I asked him, but rubbing my own belly!

“It’s the weight of my worries,” the gentleman said concealing the bitter truth behind his smile.

During those few minutes, this gentleman described to me how frugally he ate and also did some exercises. “But, till I don’t drop my worries,” he said, “I think, I won’t drop my weight.”

I agreed… Then I asked him, “What is the major worry?”

“Worry about the decline in my business income,” the gentleman was bang on it. “I had started earning since the age of 17 due to financial struggle at home. I went about doing business aggressively. My wife, too, helps me in my business. But, now, suddenly, I see a decline in my income… Insecurity and worry play on my mind constantly.”

“How many dependents do you have?” I asked.

“None. We both are in our business,” I was told.

“Children?”

“None.”

“Debt?”

“No.”

“Rented premises?”

“No. Own.”

“Major health issues?”

“No.”

I paused… And, finally, said this: “Just focus on your needs… Worries will fall on their own.”

“When worries fall, I am sure, my weight, too, will,” he concluded.




Richard Simmons is right: “Ninety percent of people who lose weight gain it back. It’s very sad!”

Anxiety and worry have their own weight, you see!

 

GERALD D’CIUNHA

 

Pic’s.: pixabay

 

Video: Belly Baby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...