YOU NEED YOURSELF

 



“Don’t’ be satisfied with stories –

how things have gone with others.

Unfold your own myth.”

Rumi


If we sincerely seek answers, won’t we find them?

Similarly, if we sincerely sit alone, listen to our hearts, trust, and go by it, won’t we do well in life and be happy, too?

The more I think on what I have just wondered, the more I get convinced, that most of us are afraid to seek answers sincerely… that, we don’t sit alone, don’t listen to our hearts, don’t trust, and don’t follow our hearts. If so, how can we do well in life and be happy?

“You don’t need me,” I was yelling at some of my students, yesterday, “You need yourself.”

Well, at their age, did I know what I know now?

No, I didn’t.

So, there is hope. Yelling is my problem; not theirs.

‘Self-improvement’, ‘Self-development’, ‘Self-growth’… These expressions, I think, have been highly manipulated. When I try to help someone telling my story – how I did it – it, no doubt, sounds nice, exceptional. But, that’s my story… I did it because, I sought answers… sat alone, trusted and followed my heart. That did it. Someone else’s story was not my story. Things changed, because I wanted them to. Thus, whenever, in the name of ‘Self-improvement’, I see young ones believe more in my story and less in their own, I yell and tell:

“Dude, you don’t need me; you need yourself.”

Emerson had counselled long before, I did:

“Trust thyself. Every heart vibrates to that string.”





Overtime, I  learnt, that Success has to work from inside out and not from outside in. If I learnt it overtime, my young students, too, can and will… That’s my hope.

Let me, therefore, rest my case with what Karen Miller said:

“When someone tells me ‘No’, it doesn’t mean I can’t do. It only means I can’t do it with them.”




GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic's.: pixabay

 

Video: Andre Rieu/ Tatiana Blue 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...