THE EARTH LAUGHS IN FLOWERS

 



“There is a thin line that separates laughter and pain,

tragedy and comedy, humour and hurt.”

Erma Bombeck

 

The need to write something every day – something ‘positive’ – has been a very old need in me.  Presently, I struggle to stay positive. In such a state, to tell everyone around me, that all is well or all is going to be well, yes, it sounds quite empty to me. How can you tell a grieving person, who has lost his dear ones or livelihood, who sees no light in the tunnel - ‘Brother, don’t cry, don’t panic… All will be well?”

Actually, we all know, that, sooner or later, all will be well… that, tunnels do have an end… that, we do see light, eventually. But, if I am grieving, I  need to go through my grief… I need to experience fully my anxiety, fear, anger and self-pity. Because, only when I complete this journey through grief, I shall be able to rise up stronger…

Not before that…

I believe, that grief and the associated feelings such as anxiety, fear, anger and self-pity, if not experienced fully, become poison. So, in times of great sorrow, the best thing you and I can do is to be around the grieving person emotionally, if possible, physically. “I understand what you are going through”… It has healing power. “I am there by your side”… It is what the grieving person wants to hear…

And, with time, all will be well…

That’s, therefore, not just Hope, that’s Truth, as well…

We learn to hang on… We learn to stay positive.

There are small ways to do that… Each one of us, his own.

So, when I get back to writing, gloom begins to disappear. That’s my ‘small way’… my ‘own way’.  Likewise, each one of us has his own small way…




Grief and Fear may make us pause for a while. But, they can never pause Life permanently… That’s the Nature’s way.

All will be well, sooner or later… We all will sing again, dance again, paint again, write again, wonder and dream again, love and dare again… Above all, laugh again…




And, when laughter comes back in our bosoms, grief has already gone out…

“The Earth laughs in flowers” - reminds Ralf. W. Emerson… In small, little ways, Life, too, laughs!

 



GERALS D’CUNHA

 

Pic.: pixabay

Videos:  1. TheEllenShow  2. Mirchi Murga

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...