YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE STRONG ALL THE TIME


 

“Real dishes break. That’s how you know they are real.”

Marty Rubin

 

Some of my most powerful experiences have sprung from my most vulnerable moments.

Just as I feel love in my bosoms when the walls around my heart collapse…

Just as I feel the touch of God’s hand when I go on my knees…

Just as I feel the freedom in my soul when I say ‘I forgive you’…

Just as I feel cleansed when I say ‘I am sorry’…

Just as I feel happiest, noblest and strongest when I say ‘I need help.”

I am what I am because of my tender side… the side which is very, very fragile… the side which gets hurt, anxious, insecure, yearns, dreams, cries, prays, and, above all, hopes and soars… just as every man and woman, here on this planet, does…




Some days ago, a mother, who was present during one of our Personality Development programmes along with her young one, sent me a message, a few hours after the session…

“Thank you Sir. I really, really loved your session. You are imparting values which are not taught in school to help build their personality. Very powerful!”

How did I feel after reading this message? It was the end of my day… I had just returned home doing, with all my heart, what I passionately believed in. I replied:

“Need those encouraging words Ma’am. At times, I lose strength. I have kept it going for close to thirty years… because, I have believed in it from the core. Thanks a lot for the kind words.”

And, I received it back in even more measure…

“It’s from the bottom of my heart Sir. It’s only human to feel weak at times… We are all only a call away from each other. Pease do call anytime or do come home with your wife. You are doing something so noble that God will give strength to overcome anything… There’s a child in you, too, Sir; and, you do not have to be strong all the time.”

I was moved by that last line: "There’s a child in you, too, Sir; and, you do not have to be strong all the time.”

How strange… How mystical… How beautiful… teaching and learning in life are! Yes, the young one and her mother were there to  find help. A few days before that, the woman had opened up about her young one’s and her own anxious moments… and they had come to seek help by being most vulnerable. And, now, look… how amazing Life and living can be!  The same woman is now able to empathize with my own vulnerable side: “It’s only human to feel weak at times… and, you do not have to be strong all the time.”

“What happens when people open their hearts?” asks Haruki Murakami. “They get better,” he concludes.

Did the woman and her young one get better when they opened up? I am sure, they did.

Did I get better when I opened up? Yes, I did.

Brene Brown writes in her book, ‘Daring Greatly’: “Courage starts with showing up and letting ourselves be seen.”




Yes, Marty Rubin was right… Real dishes break. That’s how you know they are real!



*P.S.: I had first posted this blog on 4th July, 2017. Vulnerable moments make living experience complete. They keep coming up in my life and keep me completely human. One such moment, that came up just yesterday, made me revisit this Post. Everything seems just like it was yesterday.  Hope, you find it useful!

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic’s: pixabay

 

Videos: Andre Rieu/MrPipills

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...