CUTTING THE CRAP IS SIMPLICITY


 



“People, who advocate simplicity, have money in the bank. 

Money came first, not the simplicity.”

Douglas Coupland


 

At the outset, let me confess: I do not have money in the bank; but, I still advocate simplicity.

A lot of money in the bank, or a little in the bank, or nothing in the bank… I wonder, if these conditions have anything to do with ‘simplicity’…

Simplicity in living, always, is subjective. It is a conscious choice we make to live our lives… flashy, less flashy, or simply ordinary.

When I grew up, I felt deprived of money. Like any young man, coming from a family like mine, I, too, desired to make money when I grew up. Napolean Hill’s book, ‘Think and Grow Rich’ became my Bible for growing financially. I had acquired the traditional tools to grow rich, and, they were, really, effective…

But, then, one thing I clearly noticed along this route: at no point of time – irrespective of the size of my bank balance – I, always, remained ‘poor’ in my mind and heart, both. I felt the deprivation throughout – both, when I had nothing, or when I had quite a lot. I, also, noted, that my deep feeling of insecurity was fading away only when I was planting in my heart more and more gratitude, appreciation, trust in people and Universe… Yes, the more I cultivated these virtues, the richer I was feeling… I could clearly see how important it was not to pin my hopes on money to feel rich, but on my own inner goodness…





I am rich…

When I thank God for every little thing – regardless of my situations in life…

When I thank people for their every little help, or hurt…

When I help others, in whatever way I can…

When I forgive those who hurt me…

When I forgive myself, show kindness to self…

When I keep staying productive in life…

When I live within my means – keep my wants below my income…

When I keep learning and growing…

When I stay childlike and forever awe-struck…





My inner security comes from my inner goodness… So, how can I feel ‘rich’ until and unless I feel secure within?

Whether money comes before or after simplicity comes, I am not sure… But, it comes when I cut the ‘crap’ from my life, yes, I am very sure…

 


GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic's:: Pixabay: alberto15886  

Video: The Fictionist

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...