THE PANIC WISDOM

"What is going to happen, WILL happen."

But, I do not know, what is going to happen. I want only 'pleasant things' to happen... I do my best to avert the 'unpleasant things' from happening.

Well, I used the words - 'do my best' - almost mechanically!

In my case - and, I believe there are many to provide me company here - I go all the way to avert, to block the 'enemy'. And, when I find myself unable to block the invasion, I panic.

Some people are super cool... so cool, that, even if the bombs start falling before them, they won't run! They are on the extreme end of one side of the spectrum. On the extreme end of the other side, are those who panic even when they ‘imagine’ the word ‘BOMB’… leave alone ‘hear’ the word!

Where do I fit in? I really do not know. But, I do like to be there with any of these ‘extremists’. Both are equally dangerous. I have an extra level of anxiety, which I know is not good for my health, both physical and mental. I desire, and try to, reduce this level, to be less anxious… Learn to ‘let go and let God’. But, certainly, I cannot stand the ‘super cools’. They, I think, are too indifferent, too insensitive towards others.

If laughter should come to me, when I realize "It is stupid to panic" … I plead God to help me learn to laugh. Similarly, in life, at times, if fear and pain are what one should experience, I earnestly ask God to help me learn how to cry.

Panic is panic. Whether I like it or not, and no matter how much I justify about it… it plays havoc in my life. I am, mercifully, aware when I slip into a panic mode…and, when - again, mercifully - ‘some one’ pulls me out of the hole.

And, I am able to comprehend the power of the statement:

“Whatever has to happen, WILL happen.”

It is not a ‘cool’ wisdom; it is ‘hard earned’.


GERALD D'CUNHA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...