WHEN RAIN COMES...



The clouds do not seek my permission
Before they burst into rain,

Nor do the Stars before they go into hiding…

A full Moon or a crescent Moon… or a Moonless night,

None of these need my consent.




When the Eagle goes to sleep,

He doesn’t come to me to kiss Good-bye…

Nor does the Sun wait for my Good-morning.

Rivers flow where the Sea is…

And, not where I want them to be…

The whales are happy in the deep seas

Even though I am scared of the depth of the seas…

The snow-fall might sound very romantic for a beholder like me,

But, it does sent shivers through the hearts

Of those whose life it cripples…

You know, even a million people can’t empty an ocean;

Why, they can’t even silence the meekest of the thunders!




I am dispensable…

There are rules to obey,

Limits to abide by…

There are Gods to fear…

Demons to stay off!





All of a sudden, the sky has turned dark;

The clouds are ready to burst…

Whether I like it so or not… who cares?

I am supposed to seek my joy and fulfillment

Amidst the drama that unfolds…

In the skies

On the land…

In the deep oceans.




My heart says, this is an amazing evening…

My eyes agree,

My mind, too.

Please don’t ask me, sir:

“What is that you want to tell?”

Some things, in life, do not need my consent…

They are beautiful, when left alone.

Just a while from now, when rain comes,

I will not only stretch my hands, I will stretch my heart, too.

Please don’t ask me, sir:

“Why?”





GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Denzil Pais








Comments

Reena Khanna said…
Beautiful poem... very inspiring!!!

Reena
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanks Reena,

Love,

GERRY

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...