WHAT IS TRUE, AND WHAT IS NOT























In another context, I was writing today a report. And, I ended it with these lines:

“What is true, will always triumph;
What is not, will not!”


Well, I will tell you on another day as to the context in which I had written those lines. But, I did write them feeling for them in every pore of my being! 


Yes, I meant it:

“What is true, will always triumph;
What is not, will not!”


How does the Universe operate and how does Life thrive on this planet… How do the stars live for eons… from do they come and to where do they go… How do all things in the skies and the oceans and all things on land and human hearts keep their rhythm so beautifully, well, I have no idea. 


What Science tells me, I have simply ‘accepted’… to be true.


But, my acceptance of the truth does hardly matter for all things to go about the way they do. 


So, how am I so sure of what I had written, today:

“What is true, will always triumph;
What is not, will not!” ?


When the intention behind my thought and action is good, I believe, my thought and the action are good. What is good to the Universe, is good to me… but, what is good to me, is not necessarily good to the Universe.


Therefore, before I venture into any act, let me ask: Is it for the larger good? 


If it is, then, my action is bound to triumph… Otherwise, I believe, it is doomed to go down!


For example, when I wake up every morning, if I pray to God this way: “Dear God, bless my tormentors,” what will be the state of my inner world after a period of time?


On the other hand, if I keep asking God, “Hey God, please destroy my enemies,” what kind of inner world will it be?


Yes, what kind of inner world am I experiencing, I know… first hand! I can’t fake it!


Therefore, may it be written on stone – very, very hard stone:

“What is true, will always triumph;
What is not, will not!” 


May my intentions be good, always… May them be true…


And, who else, other than me, knows them – my intentions - to be good… to be true?

  




So, I wrote this morning:

“What is true, will always triumph;
What is not, will not!”




GERALD D’CUNHA

Pics.: Vivek D'Cunha


























Comments

MITRA said…
Gritty stuff Gerry! Mitra
Anonymous said…
The universe is kind... and caring. Truth keeps the wheel going. Great post, dear Gerry. Keep writing.

Ramya

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...