MY JUDGING IS A SPOILSPORT




Honestly, judging others is a huge human weakness. An utter waste of time and energy. It is, also, a self-destructive habit.

If this Post has to be an honest attempt from my end, then, I must tell it from my own perspective… So, here I go…

I am human; I fail… I fall…

I judge… and, I spoil.

I am talking about my tendency to judge someone as he is talking to me… Yes, as he is talking, I am busy judging him… See him through my own colored glasses… taking in his words with my own prejudiced filter…

Then, where is the room for listening to him, really?

Where is the room for acceptance, love?

Even before he has completed his sentence, I am ready with what I have to say… And, I say that just because, I get a thrill from disagreeing with him, snubbing him, making him sound like a fool…

It, normally, doesn’t happen when I speak to a new acquaintance… a new friend, a new neighbor, a stranger I meet during my travel etc. But, when it comes to my routine acquaintances – my students, my colleagues, my subordinates, bosses, parents, siblings, spouse or child… yes, when I speak to them, I have this tendency to be judgmental… screen everything they say just for the sake of it… disagree, pass provoking or cold comments, be sarcastic or critical… and, either end up arguing or just sulking.

Does it help?

Is it coming from my healthy self-esteem or low self-esteem?

Do I like others doing it to me?

Does it leave behind in my heart a happy feeling?

Is it a loving act?



Yes, I have only asked a few questions…



When others do it to me, it hurts, breaks my heart…

 I know it... It is a true experience.


When I do it to others, don’t I know it?

Is it not a true experience, too?

Yes sir, my judging is a spoilsport!



GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Vimmi Batra




Comments

Umesh Nayak said…
A human weakness, in deed!
= umesh
Anonymous said…
Nicely written, inspiring post. Priya

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...