GOOD MEMORY, BAD MEMORY















A bad memory can be very embarrassing… But, it could be a great blessing in life, too!

Just yesterday, I heard a young girl excitedly approaching towards me. “Hi sir, how are you?” she exclaimed, “So nice to see you.”

“I am good, thank you,” I reciprocated, “How are you?”

“I hope, you remember me,” the girl said.

Honestly, I did not.

“I am Sneha*, from last year’s batch,” I was helped.

Last year had just gotten over… and, imagine, what has happened to my memory!

Luckily, such things don’t happen to me, always.

Age is, certainly, responsible for our memory loss. But, more than that, I think, it is our cluttered mind… There is so much on our minds, so much clutter, that there is hardly any space to store in this human hard-disk…

Today, I was thinking… How could I delete some data… and send to the junk mail box… or, delete it permanently, never ever to be able to retrieve it…

Yes, I was, seriously, thinking about it…



So, what should come on top of the delete-list?
 

My hurt feelings and blame… my grievances and grudges. The hard-disk has occupied so much space to store years and years of this junk… It serves absolutely no good… a total waste and a real detractor… Yes, it should go, and immediately.



“Do  you remember how I had hurt you?”

“No, I really don’t.”

“Do you have any grievances?”

“No, I don’t have any.”

“Do you hold any grudges against me?”

“None.”

The junk and cookies are gone… There is so much free space, now, in the hard-disk…

My today’s prayer:

“Dear God, please give me a very long memory of peasant and peaceful events in my life… and, please, please give me the shortest possible memory of all unpleasant and turbulent events. Amen.”

Yes, Amen.


*Name is changed



GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Anima D'Cunha


Comments

Mona Punjabi said…
A really good prayer! Mona
Leena Srivatsava said…
Inspiring post and keep writing sir. Leena
Anonymous said…
True, a lot of cookies that is!!! Priya
Savita N Kumar said…
love this one as if we can do this we would be free of misery

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...