IS MY SHIP TRULY NORTHBOUND?














 Pic.: Madan Manik
Whenever the thoughts of scarcity creep up in my mind and leave me anxious, I allow myself to experience the feeling of discomfort and fear fully. Pumping myself with bravado is a momentary relief… as it only serves as a band-aid treatment for my anxiety… So, the ideal treatment, which, I have found is: allow myself to experience the anxiety fully… It goes!

When my health is bad, when I run out of cash, when there is strain in my relationships… yes, whenever lack of any kind stares at me, scares me… I think, that’s the best time to slowdown in life… introspect… realign myself… make necessary amends and keep moving on! Just as a body ailment is a blessing in disguise - if I can see it as Nature’s plan to make me aware of our body’s well-being and act responsible towards it, take good care of it - Yes, just as a heartache, too, is a blessing in disguise - if I can see it as Nature’s plan to make me aware of my heart’s well-being and act responsible towards it, take good care of it - Yes, when there is a fear coming from an unknown and uncertain future, I just need to pause and look hard on what is necessary and what is not necessary in my life… whether my ship is truly Northbound or not…

There is enough, in this world, for everyone. Then, why should I be anxious, afraid of my tomorrows?

Now, if I am still anxious and afraid, it is, certainly, because I have deviated from my focus on what is necessary in my life and what is not… My ship has strayed away from her route to True North…

So, it is time to pause and bring back my focus on what is essential in my life… bring back my ship on the right path… It is time to reaffirm my trust in the benevolent Universe…

“Earth (Nature) provides enough to satisfy every-man’s need,” Mahatma Gandhi’s famous words remind me, “but not enough for any-man’s greed.”


GERALD D’CUNHA

Comments

Neelam Jagtap said…
Made me feel peaceful. Thanks. .. Neelam

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...