THE 'OTHER SIDE'







Pic.: Manoj Nair
Today, after the training programme, a young girl asked me, “Sir, it is said, that with a slight shift in our perspective, we can see everything in new light; what do you think about it?”

I smiled and replied to this girl, “I fully agree with it. Everything in life can be viewed in a new light with a slight shift in our perspective.”

One evening, another young-man – a Buddhist student – was on his way to the Monastery. It was getting darker, and he had reached the banks of wide, deep river. Looking at the vast river ahead, the young-monk began to worry: “How would I cross this river? How can I be on the other side?” He sat there, for quite a long time, worrying and getting anxious. He was about to give up his hopes and abandon his journey... and, just then, he sighted an elderly Master on the other side of the river.

“O Master, please help me... I am worried and scared: How can I be on the other side of this river?”

“Be at peace, my son,” the wise Master consoled the anxious young-monk, “You are already on the ‘other side’!”

My own young-student had asked me a question. “What do you think, sir?”

I remembered this story, and smiled!

GERALD D’CUNHA

Comments

Unknown said…
wonderfully correlated.
It's again just a shift of perspective in this case'The other Side'.

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...