GO AND GET IT...







Pic.: Manjeet Singh Kukreja


Every time I get scared to approach my dreams… when size of the project overwhelms me, when the cold responses from  people around me, the ‘No’ that I hear, the memories of some of my past setbacks, the perennial question: What if I fail? What if my people betray? What if… ? Yes, every time these negative voices raise their neck and make me develop cold feet, I remind myself this: They only try to test your resolve!

Indeed, it is so. Unless, my resolve is tested, it won’t become steely, tough. If iron has to pass the test of fire to become steel, my resolve, too, has to pass the test of negative resistance from people around me to become steely.

Only when I pass this test, I shall be eligible to succeed, win.


What is that I want? Have I thought enough about it? Have I desired it enough? Have I written it down… visualized it, felt it… seen in my mind, felt in my heart and invited in my soul…Have I made a commitment to achieve it… set a deadline? Have I surrounded myself with people who will support me all the way? What will they get by supporting my dream? Is it a tangible reward or something intangible?

There is stupendous power in man’s resolve. Nothing is achieved without it.

It is only when I am clear about what I want and I have resolved to ‘go and get it’… there is hope, that I will come back getting it…

Jesus said, “Ask and it shall be given to you… Seek and you shall find… Knock and the door shall be opened for you.”

How can I ask, if I do not know what I want? How can I seek, if I do not know what I am seeking? How can any door be opened for me, if I do not know why I am knocking it?

It is, therefore, all about the clarity of my dream and the grit of my resolve… It is only when I look into the eyes of my prospective ‘giver’ and ask, seek and knock… that, I come back ‘holding in my hands’ what I had gone to get!

Every time, my feet turn cold, I remind myself, that I need to re-write what I want and make my resolve even stronger… and, go out there, once again, with the same trust: that, when I ask, I shall receive, when I seek, I shall find and when I knock, the door shall be opened for me…

Is there another way out… to go and get it?


GERALD D’CUNHA




Comments

Vineet Sharma said…
When you deeply desire it, you get it.

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...