SELLING IN GOOD FAITH... AND BUYING IN GOOD FAITH












Pic.: Manjeet Singh Kukreja


“Selling millions of records is great;
but, at the end of the day, it really doesn't bring peace.”


On some days, some words or phrases keep coming to your lips… and, they come straight from your heart. Today, it was ‘In good faith’… I have used it, today, in my conversation with, at least, ten people!

What was I trying to achieve through the use of this phrase? Was I trying to ‘sell’ them something, make hem believe in me, or, in I was trying to present before them?

Though I fully believe, that, in this world, each and every one ‘sells’… and, though I know, that, if you have a fantastic product, service or idea and do not know how to present it to those who it is meant to reach, then, there is something wrong with your approach and attitude. Yes, though I fully believe in this theory – rather, the reality – I refuse to believe, that we should ‘mislead’, ‘hard-sell’ whatever we want to promote.

The mindset of hard-selling is quite a deceptive one. Often, it makes you mislead your prospects, your clients and customers. You sell anything - any product, service or idea, you need to be clear in your conscience… You need to do it in good faith. Simply because, your prospect buys from you it good faith!


So, today, as I was talking to people – call them my prospects, clients, friends, or, simply, well-wishers, yes as I was trying to present my idea, my plan, before them, I was constantly getting in touch with the core from where I was convincing them… I alone knew how true I was to my own conscience… And, I found myself using the expression – ‘In good faith’… many times, today…

I am glad, I did that!

Frank Zappa had said, “Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.” Did he, also, say this: “And, when you sell it with a clean heart, it becomes a ‘fine art’?”

GERALD D’CUNHA

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...