THE NEW-MOON HAS COME... FEEL BLESSED... REJOICE






Pic.: Pradeep Nanda



I was on my way home, last night… and, suddenly, the traffic halted. Before I could ask someone the reason for it, I heard the loud sounds of bursting of crackers… It was long, loud and festive… A carnival kind… I saw, on the street, excited people heralding the coming of new-moon…

The baby-moon – the crescent moon – had been just sighted... It was the end of the Ramadan month… The fasting was over… It was time for a new beginning… with a new resolve…

It took me some time to reach home… All through my way, I could hear the loud bursting of crackers, all around… The air was filled with festive atmosphere…

I have been, always, inspired by the moon…  Yes, in whatever form I have sighted it in the sky…

The baby-moon – the crescent moon – fills me with innocence, hope and romance…

The half-moon reminds me of a life filled with joy and sorrow, victories and defeats… success and failure… the day and the night… the journey still to be covered, the mystery still shrouded…

The full-moon is sheer bliss… A time to thank and a time to celebrate… a time to look up and feel blessed… just bask, just allow the glow to soothe… Experience the fullness, the grace, the power and potential I am blessed with…

And, finally, when the moon goes into hiding – on a dark, moonless night – yes, even on this night, I feel inspired… I miss the moon… I realize how life can be without the celestial guides, divine mercy… Yes, how dark life can be… how hopeless, how uninspiring…

It is a great mystery to me as to why God did not give the moon its own light to glow with and just wanted it to reflect the light it received from the sun!

Yes, it is a great mystery to me as to why seas and humans obey the moon so much!

Well, the new-moon has come… Fell blessed… Rejoice…

Eid Mubarak ho!


GERALD D’CUNHA


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...