I NEED NOT 'FIGURE OUT' EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS IN MY LIFE
















“The day I understood everything, was the day I stopped trying to
figure everything out.
The day I knew peace, was the day I let everything go.”

– C. JoyBell C.

Being kind and compassionate to myself is the most precious gift I can ever give to myself. When I am broken, lonely and in turmoil, I realize this truth more than I ever do…
The inner conflict arising out of trying to ‘figure out’ everything, trying to find an answer for every question, trying to control every event in life… yes, this conflict can be self-destroying. I, often, realize this truth only after going through the entire trip and after experiencing the resulting emotions…
Painful and isolating emotions they are!
I need not ‘figure out’ everything that happens in my life…
I need not find an answer for every question that looms large before me…
And, above all, I need not –  rather, cannot – control every event that unfolds in my life.
And, this realization – this truth – is very liberating. It brings home the ‘understanding’. From this understanding alone, I am able to let go of situations which I cannot control. My inner peace is the consequence of this letting go…
But, sir, we are humans… and, therefore, we go through our same-old bumpy and unpleasant trips, over and over again. I think, we need these experiences to reveal to us our essential spiritual-nature buried down under. Perhaps, that’s why it’s said, “We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience!”
How true! How reassuring!

GERALD D’CUNHA
Pic.: Kamal Kishore Rikhari

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...