OH! THOSE DAYS, WHEN GETTING UP FEELS LIKE A TASK





















“Hey there human!

I’am starting something new on my Instagram account and need your contribution.

Tell me, what you do when you’re feeling blah/beat-up?

Oh! Those days, when getting up feels like a task!

Please send a favourite picture of yourself (If you are okay with me 
posting it along with the write-up).

Thank you so much.”


A couple of days ago, Suman, an old-student of mine, now a dear friend, sent this message to me. I read this message during the interval of the latest English movie, ‘Isle of Dogs’. I smiled, and then, just forgot about Suman’s message…
But, Suman did not…

“Hi Sir!” I saw a message, last night.

“Hi Suman, all okay?” I checked.

“Yes Sir, all okay,” Suman replied, “I just started this thing on Instagram and wanted to know what you do when you’re having a bad day.”

I just saw this reply from my friend, a while ago… It was 5 in the morning… and, I had the topic for today’s Blog!


Do I come across some days when I feel blah/beat-up… those days, when getting up from my bed feels like a task?


Many, many, many, dear Suman. Yes, there are those blah/beat-up/blue/cloudy days when doing even my most favourite thing feels like a ‘painful/stressful/task’…

So, what do  I do in such times?

I, invariably, struggle to beat my blues… Sometimes, I succeed and sometimes, I fail. Whenever my beat-up and blue moments seem on top of me, I realize that if life had given me all moments packed with smiles and roses, I would not have appreciated what a lovely gift this Life is… Yes, in moments of my despair and helplessness, that I learn to ‘Let things be’… Let the dark clouds pass… and, the Sun to appear again…

But, then, this realization, often, needs me to go through my resistance, struggle, denial…

“Why not all moments in my life are just happy and peppy ones?” A ‘poor boy’ in me asks… He refuses to eat the ‘trash’… Because, he doesn’t belong to the ‘Trash Island’, you see…

So, in moments like these, there comes a big, wise dog to charge me with power and hope… He yells at me: “I have seen cats with more balls than you dogs!”

And, I don’t want to hear that, again…

So, no matter how I feel each morning, I remember what this big, wise dog says… And,  I decide to  get up, dress up and show up!

Suman dear, you can post it on your Instagram ‘new thing’!


GERALD D’CUNHA


Pic.: Internet/Vulture



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...