WE ARE ALL BROKEN, ALL BEAUTIFULLY IMPERFECT





















“Imperfections are not inadequacies;
they are reminders that we're all in this together.” 


What comes from our care and concern and what comes from our insensitivity and hatred?
What comes from our faith and buoyant spirit and what comes from our fear and insecurities?
What comes from our patience, tolerance and forgiving spirit and what comes from our impatience, intolerance and mercilessness?


Well, others may not come to know as to where they come from (in us)… But, we do.

Agreed: We come to know only in our ‘awareness’… when our hearts are not clouded with prejudice.


One of the most reassuring truths about Life is, that the world we live in and people we live with are all ‘imperfect’. The world includes ‘me’. Hence, the truth starts from me: I am imperfect.

Still, I tend to forget this reality and expect people around me to behave the way I expect them to.

Do I behave, always, the way others expect me to?

This question comes to hit me in the moment of my frustration, when things do not unfold the way I want them to… Yes, when people do not behave the way I expect them to.


No matter how much we know about the expectations and their side-effects, we all keep expectations. I think, that’s the way the Universe wants it to be… It wants us to get a little wounded before we learn a lesson or two, in Life.

Our fears help us to develop faith in our hearts… Our impatience and intolerance help us to be more accommodating and compassionate… Our hatred has to burn down, to know what Love is!

So, it’s not through Perfection, that we live here as worthy souls… It’s through our Imperfections. They have to be there… and, they ‘are’ there!


“We are all wonderful, beautiful wrecks,” says Emilo Estevez, “That’s what connects us -- that we're all broken, all beautifully imperfect.” 



GERALD D’CUNHA


Pic.: Khushboo Gulrajani







Comments

Unknown said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ghazalgupta2001 said…
This is so beautiful and deep❤️
Gerald D'Cunha said…
Thanx SMY... Appreciate. Love

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...