MY MISSION IS TO CLEANSE MY OWN DARK NATURE













Do you have some people around you who are ‘hell-bent’ to destroy you?

There is something in the very DNA – the basic nature – of some people around us, which makes them lust for others’ agony… They just feel satisfied.

And, let me tell you this: their academic qualification has nothing to do with how they behave… As it stems from their accumulated and inherited ‘bad karma’…

That’s what makes two highly qualified people behave in two extremely different ways: one pens peace and the other, venom!

Somewhere, sometime and somehow, one has to become ‘conscious’ of his behaviour stemming from his past bad-karma, and he has to now, consciously, go about doing something good to people around him… The more he does this, the more he gets ‘cleansed’ of his dark nature…

That’s my conclusion, Sir. I have realized this: I have to keep doing good and constructive things… I have to trust, love and care more… I have to forgive, tolerate, and adjust more… and, let others be… Let Nature do its justice…

In Life, it’s not my mission to change others’ behaviour. My mission is to slowly and steadily keep cleansing my own dark nature… Else, I remain in the same darkness which we call ‘Bad Karma’.

Let me share this old story, once again…


One day, a monk was bathing in a river. He saw a scorpion drowning and instinctively placed his hand under the water and gently lifted the creature on his palm. But, the scorpion started jumping and stinging and, soon, fell into the river…


The monk, once again, took his hand under the water to save the drowning scorpion. But, the creature continued to be restless… It continued to attack the monk.


A bystander, who was watching the drama, was shocked… “Sir, why are you trying to save that creature?” he cried, “It is so thankless… Look, at your hand… It is bleeding!”


“My friend, the creature is doing its karma,” the monk explained with a smile, “I am doing my dharma!”



GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Vikram Sharma

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...