WHATEVER MUST HAPPEN, LET IT HAPPEN











When I look back at 2018, the year that has just gone by, I have a good reason to smile… and, a very good reason why I should learn to live less anxiously about my future. I did not want some things to happen in my life; they did happen. I did not want some people to come in my life; they did come. On the other hand, I desperately wanted some things to happen; they did not happen… and, I anxiously waited for some people to come in my life; they did not come!


So, what is the take away… the moral of the story?


The less protective I become, the safer I feel… The less I worry about what may happen tomorrow and who will do what to me… yes, the more peaceful I will be.


Worrying, doubting and trying to be protective – I mean the excessive amount of all these – are more of a habit. Mind tends to slip into this habit… keeping us always on the tenterhooks, the edge.


It, certainly, is not a healthy way of living. Yes, when I look back at the year that has just folded, I can easily see that. If things that I anxiously tried to avoid, have befallen, and, if people I desperately tried to avoid, block, have come… on the contrary, when I have been pleasantly surprised to see unexpected great visitors in my life – oh yes, it confirms, that it is sensible to let Universe unfold the future for me…


Beyond a certain point, there is no point in holding on to my plans and safety vaults. Letting go and letting Universe – call it God – do its work is the sanest way of living… It’s a healthy way.


As Mario Benedetti had prayed, “Whoever must come, let them come. Whoever must leave, let them leave. Whatever must hurt, let it hurt. Whatever must happen, let it happen.”


And, that will be my prayer, too, for 2019!


GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Jatinder Sondhi/Rashmi Sondhi


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"WE CHOOSE OUR JOYS AND SORROWS LONG BEFORE WE EXPERIENCE THEM."

WHEN A BIRD IS ALIVE, IT EATS ANTS... WHEN THE BIRD DIES, ANTS EAT THE BIRD

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...