THE SOUL OF YOUR STORY
























“It’s okay to cry over something
you thought you were healed from.”

Unknown

Another thing, which I have been doing during this lockdown period, is watching some amazing commercials. One reason for this is, that, due to the lockdown, I miss conducting our summer programme on Personality Development. In our PD sessions, I used to play so many of these commercials, just to drive home the points:

1.    We all love stories… and, everything in life – including our communication – is nothing but a story.

2.    A story has a soul in it only when it has real, raw emotions. Else, the story is dead.


I have, always, encouraged our young ones and little ones to speak from their heart. Many would understand this, and many wouldn’t. So, I would play dozens of these great commercials – very creative, very soulful – and leave it at that…

The message would be loud and clear… even though not a word was needed to convey it.

Why do many of us hide our emotions? Why don’t we reveal our tears, the choking of our throats, the skipping of our heartbeats? Why don’t we reveal our goosebumps, our fragile and vulnerable side?

I have stopped rationalizing this issue… I have stopped seeking answers to these questions. All that I keep doing is this: I cry when my heart wells up, just as I scream when I lose my mind. I keep reminding myself, that it’s okay to show up as a ‘normal human-being’… who cries, screams, fears, envies, laughs, hopes, braves and loves. It’s not only okay, it’s very, very essential. The story – that’s my life – is incomplete without experiencing all that I go through in my heart and head…

To me, therefore, it’s an essential part of Personality Development…

Though there are dozens of these brilliant commercials, in this blog, I wish to share only five of them…

















Never hide the truth, that you are a real man and a woman. For, real men and women do have real emotions… and, when they reveal those emotions, they reveal their stories…

That’s all there is to real communication… Isn’t it?



GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: Elizaveta Dushech

Videos: 1. HelpAgeIndia 2. MyBeautyNaturally 3. Birla SunLife Insurance/Cafe Viral
            4.   Pedigree Philippines  5. globeph


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...