THE TOWN IS STILL NOT TWO MILES


















“Do you have the patience to wait
until your mud settles and the water is clear?”

Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

For last couple of days, I have been watching many insightful videos about Tao. Interestingly, as I watch and listen to them, I find myself saying, “Hey, I know it.” But, the very next moment, I find myself telling me, “This is fresh… I don’t know this!”

The natural law of going with the flow – rather being the flow – is something so sublime and liberating. I know it; yet, I don’t know it!

Trying too hard and trying to control the outcome… these are something that have been ingrained in me so much, that the idea of not trying hard and not trying to control the outcome… yes, these seem either impractical or simply escapism …

But, the more I pause in the thick of my frustrations and worries, the more I realize, that the best way to find my peace is to let go of my need to manipulate things and control the outcome…

Eventually, Nature alone wins… Not I. Silence and acceptance come when I let myself flow effortlessly - along the current, not against it.

The teachings of Tao are as old as this Universe… So long as Nature exists, the law of Tao – the Way of Nature – exists. We may stray way… but, not Tao, which is ‘the way’…

“How many more days?” … “How far is our town?" … Do we all hear ourselves asking anxiously? We all are locked inside our houses, asking: “How many more days to wait?” And, some of us are out on the burning roads and by-roads or on the wailing rail-tracks – walking days together… tired, hungry and hopeless, asking: “How far is our town?” … “Will we be ever able to make it?”

This story calmed me down, today, immensely… “Just two more miles…”






This old song, too…






GERALD D’CUNHA

Pic.: www.dreamstime.com

Videos: 1. Dare to do. Motivation 2. Peter, Paul & Mary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...