OUR CHRISTMAS TREE

 



“He who has no Christmas in his heart,

will never find it under a Tree.”

Roy L. Smith’s

Last night, a dear friend of mine, a Sikh by faith, who lives in London, shared with me the picture of a beautiful Christmas tree decorated by her two teenager girls… “Our Christmas Tree”, my friend captioned it warmly.

Well, the Christmas Tree hadn’t come up, yet, at our place. “It’s okay, it’s okay,” I consoled myself. “He who has no Christmas in his heart, will never find it under a Tree,” I reminded myself with Roy L. Smith’s words.

I am inspired by Christmas season. More than that, I am incredibly inspired by Jesus Christ’s life. But, then, as I became an adult, my idea of Christmas has undergone a sea-change. The hype and hoopla and the utterly humble crib, to me, look a complete contrast. In my mind, and in my heart, I prefer to remember Jesus Christ quietly… Yes, with least glitter.

“Come on,” many times, I hear my friends and relatives saying.

A lot of preparation goes into celebrating Christmas. We, often, remain anxious to please others. Often, in the bargain, we end up hurting the dear ones next us due to our impatience. It makes me wonder: Is Christmas to show others, or is it a time to celebrate quietly in its true spirit?

This afternoon, the friend from London was urging me to convince one of our common friends, a Psychiatrist from India, to let her know the fees she had to send for a series of counselling sessions he had offered to one of her young daughters. I knew my doctor friend, a Christian, like the back of my hand. So, without blinking my eyes, I wrote to our friend in London:

“You need to respect his wish please. He is doing it to ‘pay back’, what he thinks, he owes us. You see, some things in life are beyond fees. Please feel free to seek his help as your true well-wisher.”

“He who has no Christmas in his heart, will never find it under the Tree.”




Our Sikh friend responded to what I wrote on behalf of our Psychiatrist friend – a simple Christian – with three folded hands…

I assumed, one on her behalf, one on my behalf and, the other one on behalf of our common friend… Yes, the three folded hands, this Christmas, to the one we all owe it eternally…

 



GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic's: pixabay

 

Video: Boney M / FFFclub

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...