WHEN IT'S RAINING HEAVILY OUTSIDE

 



“Don’t be fooled by the calendar. There are only as many 

days in the year as you make use of.”

Charles Richards

 

It’s has been raining heavily for two days, now. The skies are dark, the downpour is heavy and relentless. But, then, it is the rainy season… It is supposed to rain, the skies are supposed to be dark during this season. And, soon, this season will pass… the Winter will come, when, it is supposed to be cold. Finally, when the Summer comes, it is expected it to be hot, we expect ourselves to sweat more…

The Nature goes about doing her job quietly, and faithfully. She sends seasons to us, each one with an expiry date… No season comes here to stay forever… One goes, another comes, another goes, yet another comes… That’s how Life, here on Earth, is designed to be.

The key to happiness lies in making the most of each season when it presents itself before us. For example, it’s pouring heavily right now and I can see darkness outside my window even at 12 noon… Am I making the most of what is ‘given to me’ by the Nature? Or, am I busy grumbling?

Yes, the sooner I learn to seize the day, the surer I am to find my daily happiness…

There is no point in living in denial… The Nature doesn’t wait for my permission, before she sends to me my seasons.





And, just as the seasons come with an expiry date, so do all other things in life… The kings and the queens, the ruling parties and the opposition parties, the rich and the poor – everything and everyone comes here with a preloaded shelf-life. I can already see how my own body and mind are behaving at 64… Another few years – that is, if they are in store for me – and, I would understand, clearly, the me what the term  ‘fading seasons’ means!

The key, therefore, has to be in my wisdom to rejoice in the season in hand – the rain, the cold and the heat – yes, all alike.





It’s has been raining heavily for two days, now. The skies are dark, the downpour is heavy and relentless. But, then, it is the rainy season… The season in hand…

Am I rejoicing, or am I grumbling?

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic's: pixabay

 

Video: LilLinks/B. J. Thomas

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...