WHERE DO I GO FROM HERE?

 



“Afternoon knows what the morning never suspected.”

Robert Frost

 

The morning, soon, becomes the afternoon, you see!

We grow old…

It’s afternoon, now… What the morning suspected, yes, the afternoon knows…

That’s something so beautiful about Life…

With age, we mature like good wine…

That’s something so beautiful about Life, too!

So, when I complete 64 tomorrow, how shall I celebrate this milestone?

Do I know, that some hours are still left for the celebration, and, anything can happen in those few hours?

I think, this tendency of counting our age by the number of years simply drops when we begin to value each blessing in our lives. Rightly, it is said, “Count your age not by the numbers, but by your blessings.”

So, I ask myself on the eve of completion of my 64 years on this planet, “Can I start counting, at least, 64 blessings in my Life?”

It sounds silly! Like everyone else, I, too, have never bothered to count my blessings. I know, I will get tired counting them… 64 thousand, 64 million…

Therefore, it seems sensible to just go on my knees and say, ‘Thank You Lord’…

Every week, I keep changing the poster in my classroom. This week is coming to an end, today. I hadn’t realized, when I was pinning this poster to the podium in my classroom when the week had begun, that it was going to make sense when the week would end. The simple words on poster are here:






Every day is a blessing… every second, every breath. So, I see no other way of celebrating this blessing called Life except by going down on my knees, bow down and say – ‘Thank You Lord.’

Today, I have been listening to Jim Reeve’s soothing classic…

 





“Give me strength that I might find

Abiding faith and peace of mind

And I won’t ask

‘Where do I go from here?’”

 

Robert Frost said: “The afternoon knows what the morning never suspected.”

 

GERLAD D'CUNHA


Pic.: Sydel Rebello

Video: Jim Reeves/Magdalene Shodavaram

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...