DESH KA LAL

 




“So comes snow after fire,

and even dragons have their endings.”

J.R.R. Tolkien

 

Staying relevant till the ripe age of 80 – and be able to continue doing what you are passionate about, that too, remarkably well, and, that too, in a cut-throat glamorous industry -  is not possible for any one, unless he or she is an Amitabh Bachchan!

When Amitabh turned 80, on this October 11, I wanted to write something about him. But, then, what is left ‘new’ to write about this ‘One-and-only’?

Whatever I wanted to write had been already written by countless number of his admirers. I, myself, have written about him so many times in my past Blogs… So, what is new, now?

Nothing!





Every time I feel tired – both physically and mentally – I look up to Amitabh Bachchan. Every time, I feel scarcity in my mind – that, I may not be able to find ‘work’, earn my daily bread, manage my home etc. – I look up to him. Every time, my boat gets caught up in a storm, every time I hear negative voices around me saying, ‘It’s the end of the road’ – yes, I look up to him.

So, the question pops up again – ‘So, what is new, now?’

‘New’ is the ‘new zest’ Amitabh Bachchan keep infusing in my soul each time I feel like giving up and not showing up. Yes, no matter how low I feel in the morning, I am propelled ‘to get up, dress up and show up’.

Someone had said, “Life is not to endure, but to live”.

Maybe, there is merit in this line. But, this life of eight decades of Amitabh Bachchan has been a life of great  tenacity and endurance. He keeps reminding us about the life advice given to him by his poet father, Harivansh Rai Bachchan: “Jab tak Jeevan hai, tab tak sangharsh hai”.

Nobody invites ‘struggle’ in life to endure. Struggle comes with life.





We need Amitabh Bachchan around!


 

GERALD D’CUNHA


Pic.: The Wallpaper Gallery

 

Videoes: 1. Dabur Dental Care  2. SET India

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...