DOING SMALL THINGS WITH GREAT LOVE

 



“We cannot do great things…

only small things with great love.”

Mother Teresa

 

It can be quite addictive when you hear someone say to you, ‘You are great!”

Last morning, someone said that to me, “Sir ji, you are great!”

Now, I knew, how lulling and killing those words were! Without allowing them to go up into my head, I replied to the lavish donor – “Sir ji, we all are!”

I had shared a favourite video of mine to this person, in response to which, he had showered 'greatness' upon me...






I have shared this video with scores of people – both young and old. Particularly, I have played this video in our Personality Development sessions… Yes, hoping, that our young kids would take away something from it.

“Can we all do such simple acts, spontaneously – and quietly - demonstrated by this little kid?” I have asked after showing this video.

“Yes Sir,” has been the resounding answer.

“And, do we do them?” I have asked.

The response has been weak!






The seeds of greatness lie dormant in every human soul. As Mother Teresa said, even if we cannot do great things in life, we all can do small things with great love.

To me, that little boy from the village is ‘Great’… What he did is ‘Great’… Nobody prompted him to do it… Nobody came to know about what he did, except himself… But, what is visible is the effect of his kind, quiet act… We can see that in his walk and face in the end…

“Beta, you are Great!”

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic's.: pixabay

 

Video: Naik Foundation/directorpanel13

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...