IT'S NEVER TOO LATE, YOU SEE

 




“Man starts all over again every day,

in spite of all he knows, against all he knows.”

Emil Cioran



Someone has said, “Every day may not be a good day; but, there is something good in every day.” This morning, this statement came back to me with a fresh meaning.

I had gone off to bed quite early, last night… at 9, to be precise. Surprisingly, I slept well and slept long only to be woken up at about 7.10, this morning!

My first reaction on opening my eyes was, “Oh my God! I am late!”

I was late from my usual standards. I had to reach my work place at 8, when my first batch of students was expected. I had to hurry up… Do everything with a frantic speed… Shave, shower, tea, breakfast, packing up my tiffin… everything. Meanwhile, my wife was getting ready to leave home to join her Yoga session at 7.30 (in our own complex). Thus, I had to deal with my situation myself…

“I am late,” my wife heard me complain.

“Don’t say ‘I am late today’, say ‘I slept well last night’… Say ‘I woke up, this morning’… ” my wife spilled some Yoga Affirmations before she left…






Actually, “I am late” was supposed to convey the message to my wife, “Help me deal with my situation.”

Was that not so?

It was.

But, the help from my wife, to deal with the situation in my hand, had arrived in a different way – the ‘Yoga way’…

I had to affirm…

“This is a beautiful day”… “I had a good, long sleep, last night”… “I woke up to see this day”… “My wife, too, woke up from a good, long sleep”… “I am looking forward to embrace a wonderful day”… “God has been kind”… “Thank you, God”… Etc., etc.

Dumb things to do when in a rush?

I am able to feel my deep, long breath as I reflect on this situation, now, almost after half a day has gone by since the rush hour… I am able to smile, too, replaying the ‘Yoga ghyan’ my wife had spilled as she was leaving for her session…

So, I am able to conclude, that, to not say “I had a good, long sleep," instead of grumbling “I woke up late”… yes, it would be a dumb thing to do…






True. “Every day may not be a good day; but, there is something good in every day.”

It’s never too late, you see!

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic.'s: pixabay

 

Video: Young Pilgrim Music

 

Comments

Tanush Paul said…
True sir
Thank you for telling us about this story in our class today
Unknown said…
Thank you sir for sharing your wonderful story!!!

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...