WHEN STONES MELT


 


“When God is at the center of your life, you worship;

When He’s not, you worry.”

Rick Warren


Some days ago, I was sitting with a young couple. In the course of our discussion, they were describing to me about how the conflict between Israel and Arabs had originated. The couple was in the early thirties, and I was amazed by the ‘knowledge’ they possessed. They sounded very authentic in their knowledge about different religions, particularly Judaism (Religion of Jews), Christianity and Islam… I suddenly felt how unaware I was about my own religion for all these years and still claimed myself as a ‘Christian’.  So, that evening, I just remained quiet and listened to this young couple…

After the couple left, I was asking to myself:

“Do we need to ‘know’ all such things in order to ‘know’ God?”

I was not asking this to defend myself or justify my lack of knowledge on historical facts about my own or my fellow-beings’ religions. I was asking this question to make sure, that the God that we all worship accepts all our prayers regardless of our lack of historical knowledge…





One of the most amazing worship songs, which I keep listening to, is from the film ‘Lagaan’. In fact, I was prompted to write this Post while I was listening to it, early this morning… I was going through thousands of comments and how people from different faiths, regions and backgrounds were sharing how the song had impacted them… I was watching the faces of those villagers - how simple-hearted they were… they were just praying, just singing… They had no knowledge about the historical facts, yet, they seemed so ‘authentic’ in their worship… It hit me so hard, for a moment, that the lesser we ‘know’ who God is the better… For, God ‘is’!






And, how much can I ‘know’? Will my ‘knowledge’ take me closer to Him or away from Him?

“It’s okay if I do not know ‘history’,” I am consoling myself, “I am able to feel His presence in my heart.”

I firmly believe, that God hears every sincere prayer… Whether I am a Christian, a Hindu, a Muslim, a Sikh, a Jew or whatever – how does it matter? If there is one God, all our prayers should reach Him… He lives even in a stone… Hence, sincere prayer can melt the hardest of  stones!

I listen to scores of songs and hymns from all faiths… Here I share just four of them, which I have repeatedly gone back to…










Hope you experience the ‘melting’…

 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic's.: pixabay

 

Videos: 1. SonyMusicIndiaVEVO 2. Gather Music TV 

             3. Shivpreet Sing 4. Coke Studio India
            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...