LET THE CHILDREN COME TO ME

 




“Children see magic, because they look for it.”

Christopher Moore

 

I had been to a friend’s place, last evening. As I got off the lift, I was pleasantly surprised to see one of my ex-students (she had also attended our summer programme on Personality Development) with her little girl on a three-wheeled cycle. “Hello sweetheart,” I greeted the little child, “can I sit on your cycle?”

The little girl looked at her mother!

I did not know, that my ex-student lived on the same floor as my friend did. After chatting with her for a few minutes, I proceeded towards my friend’s flat, which was on one end of the floor, while my ex-student and her little girl on cycle proceeded towards their flat, which was on the other end of the floor. It was a large floor with at least eight to ten flats on it…

As I was waiting for someone to open the door from inside my friend’s flat, I overheard a conversation between my ex-student and her little girl on cycle…

“Mummy, who was that uncle?” the little girl was asking her mother.

“Baby, that uncle was my teacher, many years ago,” the mother answered.

“What did he teach you, mummy?” the child was curious to know.

“Baby, you have seen how nicely your mummy talks to you?”

“Yes, mummy.”

“Your mummy learnt it from that teacher.”

By then, the door was opened from inside my friend’s flat. Meanwhile, I let the gentle conversation go inside my heart…

I felt blessed!






I remembered an incident from Jesus’ life… One day, while He was teaching the crowd, some mothers brought their little children to Him. They wanted Jesus to bless their little ones. Jesus’ disciples did not want those women to disturb the Master while He was teaching. But, Jesus said to His disciples: “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them. For, the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

Later at night, after I reached my residence, I received a call from a stranger woman. “Am I speaking to Mr. D’Cunha?” the woman asked in a polished English.

The woman informed me, that she got my number from a person known to me. Hence, I let the conversation proceed.

“Mr. D’Cunha, I wanted to discuss a very important thing with you,” the woman said in an energetic tone, “Can I take a few minutes to explain that?”

By now, I was beginning to realize, that this woman was trying to ‘sell’ me something…

But, the least did I realize, that the product was my Master – my Hero – Jesus Christ!

The woman, apparently, belonged to a certain evangelistic denomination of Christianity. And she was trying to hard-sell the idea of Jesus’ Second Coming… She was trying to tell me, that in the last chapter of the Bible (The Book of Revelations), the secret was hidden… and, it would help me identify Jesus when He comes again… “If you give me an hour or so, as per your convenience, I can come over to your place with my associates and explain to you more about it,” the woman said.

I wasn’t impressed.

“Ma’am, Jesus has already come,” I decided to end the sales conversation, “I just met Him this evening… He was on a three-wheeled cycle. Frankly, I am feeling blessed. Thanks for thinking of me.”





 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic.: pixels: 1. Saliha 2. Anete Lusina

 

Video: IT'S MORISON

 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Amazing msg given through the blog.

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...