TRYING TO CROSS OUR DISTANT BRIDGES

 




“Do not cross the bridge till you come to it.”

A proverb

 

It’s said, that worrying is like trying to cross the bridge before it comes.

Today, suddenly, a couple of things have started occupying my mind space… I, suddenly, feel overwhelmed by these thoughts and find myself worrying.

Interestingly, these things, which are weighing me down, lie in the future. When I calmly look at them, I am able to see the reality, that worrying about them is simply going to drain my energy… It’s not going to help me. Instead, if I slowly and steadily approach towards this distant bridge, I will be able to find strength to cross it…

And, cross I will…

For, I have crossed many, many such ‘distant bridges’ in my past, too…

However, there is merit in being aware of these distant bridges… When I know, that I will have to cross them, whenever I come to them, it’s important to stay vigilant. Through this, I am able to prepare myself to cross it. Yes, burying my eyes in the sand and say ‘There is no bridge ahead to cross’ is suicidal.

All worries stem from our future thoughts. I agree. And, the future, as it’s said, always comes one day at a time…






Thus, if I am able to live gracefully, gratefully and courageously this one day in hand – yes, somewhere along my road to the distant bridge, I shall, surely, find the strength to cross it, when it comes.

 





GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic.: pixaby

 

Video: 1. Gaur Gopal Das 2. Dire Staits/Nejc petrac

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...