THE SEEDS OF NICENESS OR NASTINESS

 




“All bad behaviour is really a request for love,

attention or validation.”

Kimberly Giles


 

What is 'Be real', really means?

To me, it means 'Be human'.

Which means, enough of playing ‘God’… This place called ‘Earth’ is a real world, and not a ‘Paradise’. People are ‘real’ here and not angels. So, ‘Be real’ means, be able to deal with people around you realistically.

This shows the way I deal with two kinds of people around me…

The first kind includes those who are empathetic, and who listen to me without judging… advise me with a genuine concern and not with a sense of manipulation. They make me open up, express my fears, anxieties, sorrows as well as joys freely; and, in the process, they help me feel good about myself. Yes, this validation is very crucial for me to feel ‘real’ – a human. Unless I am able to do it with genuine people around me, I will suffer inside… feel deprived of love, care and concern. So, this is ‘good validation’.

On the other side, there exists another kind… Those who are harsh to me, very toxic. ‘Be real’ means be ready to deal with this kind of mankind, too… Yes, the real world consists of ‘nice people’ and ‘nasty people’ both…

So, my understanding, that the nasty people – and toxic people – behave so because they are unable to see where their nastiness and toxicity come from… Yes, this understanding helps me understand this kind of people. It doesn’t allow me to become like them…

All of us, here on this planet, have come here with our own bags of stories… We all have within us the same seeds of niceness or nastiness, irrespective of our stories… We choose, we let those seeds sprout in our hearts… We either become ‘nice’ or ‘nasty’…






This is what ‘Be real’ means to me… ‘Be nice’.


 

GERALD D’CUNHA

 

Pic.: pixabay

 

Video:  Gaur Gopal Das

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MUTHU KODI KAWARI HADA

"HAPPILY EVER AFTER IS NOT A FAIRY-TALE... IT IS A CHOICE"

SELLING MIRRORS IN THE CITY OF THE BLIND

THE WILD, WAYSIDE FLOWERS
There is, always, something extra-ordinary in the wild, wayside flowers...